Help with NoMAD Login.

dmitchell
Contributor

I decided to take a stab at NoMAD Login because I am sick of binding but I am having all sorts of little issues

The initial machines I tested on, I manually installed the package and ran the script after, worked great, I could login with AD accounts on the machine, it made mobile accounts local for already created mobile accounts.

I am having an issue with parameters in the script (I am not very good with these kinds of scripts so bare with me :D)

CreateAdminIfGroupMember=<"Domain Admins", "WorkstationAdmins"> - Get a syntax error, probably the < right? and is the second part correct? defaults write /Library/Preferences/menu.nomad.login.ad.plist CreateAdminIfGroupMember "$CreateAdminIfGroupMember"

Also does anyone know who to create a smart group that can show machines that have NoMAD?

6 REPLIES 6

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

try using profile creator instead of utilizing a script - my script was flawless but it was inconsistent upon deployment. some machines worked miracles, some caused headaches. nothing different, just for whatever reason some stuff didnt work. deploying .mobileconfig works 110% everytime vs. script.

you can config nomad login with profile creator and make a .mobileconfig upload it to jamf and deploy it as a configuration profile

https://github.com/erikberglund/ProfileCreator

second, you will want to use an extension attribute to detect if nomad login is installed, then create a smart group targeting that extension attribute.

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/29438/nomad-login+-and-nomad-pro-jamf-extension-attribu...

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

dmitchell
Contributor

@Hugonaut unrelated to my original Q but somewhat related, I am having a hard time finding info, does NoMAD Login not update AD or AD not update the account on the Mac for a password change? I thought that was kind of the whole point aside from no binding.

marklamont
Contributor III

NoMAD login doesn't, NoMAD does all the password bits. Login is just for that

achristoforatos
Contributor II

To piggy back on this thread, I'm having an issue where new logins have the user set up as an admin. How do I stop that?

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

@achristoforatos https://gitlab.com/orchardandgrove-oss/NoMADLogin-AD/wikis/Configuration/preferences

gotta make sure these keys are set to the preferences you require for your environment

29aed5e15a64417bb98d4cdad0747dc5

if using profile creator you can see where it's checked below inside the NoLo profile

c1a825a9f2ba4ce9a4b174352dd5caef

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

achristoforatos
Contributor II

@Hugonaut I've tried yes/no, true/false, 1/0. Regardless, I get an admin each time. I have never used profile creator. Trying to not have to completely switch what I was doing. I'd like to solve this mystery before completely switching to a program to create this.