Export of all applications in our environment (across all machines)

Scotty
Contributor

Does anyone have a good method to pull al list of all applications across all machines? We have Jamf Cloud so I am not sure if I can run SQL queries directly against the DB.

Preferably something I can get to Excel so I can filter out all the Windows applications on VMs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jared_f
Valued Contributor

@ScottSimmons I second creating an Advanced Search for this. You can then search by last inventory update and computer groups. Here is mine.
12b61c2632f646fd9887bb24d6a673f5

Then click "Reports" and then click "Applications" from the dropdown then click "Applications" for the inventory item then download it as a CSV.
715d89333ee74194b7fdbb0464ad60c6

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

chris_hansen
Contributor

Search for

%

in the Applications search. Each version of each app gets its own line. I got 170,424. It takes a while. Select all, paste into a text editor, clean up if necessary, import data from text in excel.

cybertunnel
New Contributor II

You could do an advanced search for all your devices, I would suggest a check-in filter for within x days. Then export to Excel and do the lifting there, or could even use a reporting tool like Microsoft Power BI and give your guys a pretty charts and graphs :)

Scotty
Contributor

@cybertunnel what would I be searching for with advanced search? That just finds machine info for me...

@chris.hansen % in App search just times out.. Jamf Cloud, I have tried several times.

jared_f
Valued Contributor

@ScottSimmons I second creating an Advanced Search for this. You can then search by last inventory update and computer groups. Here is mine.
12b61c2632f646fd9887bb24d6a673f5

Then click "Reports" and then click "Applications" from the dropdown then click "Applications" for the inventory item then download it as a CSV.
715d89333ee74194b7fdbb0464ad60c6

Scotty
Contributor

@jared_f that did the trick, thanks the extra details. not sure why I didn't figure that out on my own, seems simple enough.

jared_f
Valued Contributor

No problem @ScottSimmons. I would be cautious using smartgroups for this, it is possible though. Depending on how often your inventorying your machines (I have it set to 30 mins), it can really choke your JSS down to a crawl.

hasbullah
New Contributor

@jared_f Hi, I facing the issue to export all application from managed client. I try the step, I dont have the option Report , can help me?

f7a7da5d9a614a7dad3e67f6c56cf90f