Minimum passcode length with 4 digits not applied on mobile devices with iOS 12.2

jamflund
New Contributor III

We using 4 digits as a minimum requirements of passcode length for iPad devices. We have discover that this not been applied through config profile on devices with iOS 12.2. Instead for 4 digits you need to choose at least sex digits.

We using JamfPro.

Does anyone have discover the same issue regarding change of requirements for minimum length of passcode for iOS 12.2. Ipads?

3 REPLIES 3

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

Its an IOS thing, Apple are requiring the passcode to be 6 digits.
We require 8 digits here, and when setting up we have to choose custom in the IOS passcode options on the device, to get it to allow the extra 2 digits. But I don't think you can use these options to set it to 4 digits.
On the IOS device choose to set the passcode, and the 6 digit box will pop up, in it will be custom options that you can choose.

jamflund
New Contributor III

Paul, thanks for your replay. Nice to know because I started to think thats this is something related to Jamf, possible due to configuration profile.

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

@jamflund Nothing wrong with your profile, or JAMF. We actually use a different MDM for our IOS and Android devices, and it is the same there too. (I would use JAMF, but we need to cover Android devices)
I think you may find in the future that this complexity will increase. We are forced to go to 8 digits by security accreditation that we are signed up to.
Glad to be a help