DockBuilder allows for the building of a user's Dock based on an organization's needs. DockBuilder eliminates the need for a user template which only allows for a static Dock for all users, and template manipulation can cause issues in newer versions of macOS. DockBuilder not only allows for easy creation of a new user's Dock out of the box, but also has the potential to dynamically set up a different Dock for users based on some criteria; like AD groups for example (you'd have to modify the source based on your criteria).
- Builds a Dock based on pre-defined defaults
- Logs to ~/Library/Logs/DockBuilder.log (by default)
- Does not start until the Dock.app is loaded upon login
- Only builds a Dock for user's who's Dock is younger than 300 seconds (to minimize re-building a pre-existing user's Dock after the installation of DockBuilder)
- Option to hide the Dock and display a message to the user while the Dock is being built
I created a version of this for my workplace, but this includes a lot more functionality and leverages a plist to store preferences for easy manipulation in the future.
Use it, or don't. Create an issue if you have any or submit a PR.