Apple Configurator and Business Manager

simon_brooke
New Contributor III

Hi All,

We use Apple Configurator for devices not in our DEP Program, as they were bought before we went DEP.

Now my Service Desk team are moaning that they are having to go to the ABM and type in the serial number of the device in order to move it from ABM to Jamf.

I have tested the DEP enrolment via AC, the setting we don't use is Activate and Complete Enrolment, as this seems to bypass the prestage enrolment.

Is there anyway for the Apple Business Manager to automatically push the device into the DEP pot, without having to go type in the serial number and assign to Jamf.

All purchases are automatically pushed to Jamf with DEP.

1 REPLY 1

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

If you talk nice to your suppliers, they can add any DEP eligible device to your DEP. All the way back retrospectively to the beginning of DEP. And if they cant Apple can, we had a load added in for us from before we started DEP. They had to find the Apple internal order number for the purchase. Its easy for them if they supplied it to you, we also had a couple of iPads from a supplier who was not DEP set up, and through Apple we got those added.
In ASM (I believe ABM is the same) you can set the default OS for a MDM, once it is set up go back to it and edit the server and the defaults can then be set. So you can set JAMF to be the default server for your ABM for the devices. We have done this and so far they go straight to the right server.