adding users back into DEP and JSS

beeboo
Contributor

Assume there are a handful of machines from that have been removed from DEP and .JSS but we want to add those machines back INTO DEP (apple will do this for us) - how does it effect the other users that are also on the same PO?

assume we have 5 units, and worst case scenario, each come from a different PO that could have 5-10 units each.

This is what apple says:
"Right.. so it’s a little hard for me to tell you exactly what happens to each device since I cannot really see the customer side of things. From past experiences, I believe that if I re-submit the order for enrollment the device that was dis-owned should re-acquire the DEP profile. I’m not sure what happens to the devices that are already DEP enrolled once I re-submit the order. I know that they may need to be re-assigned to an MDM server, but I am not sure if they would need to be re-imaged.

Apple explicitly states that once a device is dis-owned from a customer’s ABM it is irreversible – this is just a workaround that I have found to work for other customers."

anyone have experience with the jss part of enrolling the machines again?

does it require the OTHER effect machines on the PO to be reimaged or restored?

what steps did you guys take?

how painless was the process?

0 REPLIES 0