Enabling Real-Time Presence in MS Office with Google File Stream | PPPC

jrosedietcher
New Contributor III

I'm trying to enable this "check box" for Google Drive File Stream in System Prefs > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility. ee0ee403c7704467b723ac794226c0ad

I've been working on a config profile in JAMF to enable this via the PPPC settings, but I'm not really sure what else I can do here and I'm not finding a whole lot of documentation regarding ticking these boxes in JAMF. Here is a screenshot of what my PPPC payload looks like for this.

c86396d6e1ab44048debe0103851a039

I've also tried this without validating the static code requirement as well as only having identifier "com.google.drivefs" and anchor apple generic as the code requirement. Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sshort
Valued Contributor

Add an AppleEvent for the File Stream app to control System Preferences. For accessibility apps that aren't "activating" because the checkbox remains unticked, this will resolve that. Here's a screenshot example if you're using PPPC Utility to make the profile:

9b8c3ff1799044e8a72ba23ba2a4048e

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

sshort
Valued Contributor

Add an AppleEvent for the File Stream app to control System Preferences. For accessibility apps that aren't "activating" because the checkbox remains unticked, this will resolve that. Here's a screenshot example if you're using PPPC Utility to make the profile:

9b8c3ff1799044e8a72ba23ba2a4048e

jrosedietcher
New Contributor III

@sshort Do you know if this is the only way to take care of that? Or is this just the way to do it with PPPC Utility? I haven't used PPPC Utility so I'd have to learn it first.

jrosedietcher
New Contributor III

I've figured it out, thank you!

arepko
New Contributor III

I just tried the same stuff... I can't get the "tick box" to show in Security & Privacy using the PPPC. Any thoughts as to why?

PE2000
Contributor

@ jrosedietcher

How did you figured it out?
care to share?
Thanks

mike_paul
Contributor III
Contributor III

PPPC settings pushed via configuration profiles (created in the Jamf Pro GUI, the PPPC utility or external) typically are not shown in System Preferences > Security & Privacy since those normally reflect the end user choices in regards to actual prompts.

If you push out that profile you created above, is it suppressing the prompts and allowing the applications to communicate? Basically does it work regardless of those check boxes being unchecked?

arepko
New Contributor III

@mike.paul Ah... Didn't realize it wouldn't check the box... It does appear to be working though! On a side note to go along with this. Any idea how to get the system to automatically "Allow" the Security & Privacy, General, dialogue where it says: "System software from developer, "Google, Inc." was blocked from loading.

arepko
New Contributor III

@mike.paul Think I figured that part out... Kernel extensions!