Can't add any more icons to JSS

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

JSS 10.9.0 (I know we need to upgrade). I've spent the better part of the day today trying to create new policies for some apps and scripts. When I try to upload new icon files (.png) the upload hangs at 97% and they never finish. I've tried purging my cache, quitting and restarting Safari, tried other browsers, editing existing policies... Every single file I try to upload hangs at the same spot. I've looked at the existing icons to see if maybe they did upload, but they never appear to select. The icons are files I'm creating using Self Service Icon Maker that has worked perfectly for me a hundred times before. I can't figure this out. I've let the upload sit for 10-15 minutes for small (<10KB) files and it never gets past 97% Has anyone else ever experienced this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

It turns out that when I contacted Jamf support for an unrelated issue a few weeks back, they had me change some lines in the tomcat8w.exe app. When I copy/pasted the text they sent me, there were trailing spaces at the end of each line. The changes fixed my original problem but unbeknownst to me, the trailing spaces broke icon uploads. Another call to tech support suggested I look for those trailing spaces, delete them, then restart Tomcat. It worked!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jared_f
Valued Contributor

I would check how much storage is left on the sever(s) hosting Jamf. If that isn’t the issue, take a database backup and start the upgrade process. InnoDB is a requirement in 10.10.

tomhastings
Contributor II

There is a way to purge the database of duplicate and unused icon files, I had to do it years ago but don't remember the commands. Give support a call and they can walk you through the process unless someone can post the instructions here.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

It turns out that when I contacted Jamf support for an unrelated issue a few weeks back, they had me change some lines in the tomcat8w.exe app. When I copy/pasted the text they sent me, there were trailing spaces at the end of each line. The changes fixed my original problem but unbeknownst to me, the trailing spaces broke icon uploads. Another call to tech support suggested I look for those trailing spaces, delete them, then restart Tomcat. It worked!

GoranPOne10
New Contributor II

The solution proposed by AVmcclint worked for us too.
Thanks!