Skip to main content
Jamf Nation, hosted by Jamf, is a knowledgeable community of Apple-focused admins and Jamf users. Join us in person at the ninth annual Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) this November for three days of learning, laughter and IT love.

“This Apple ID Can’t Be Used to Purchase Apps” pop-up

Setting up new student iPads with federated Apple IDs and everything is working great EXCEPT that the “This Apple ID can’t be used to purchase apps” message pops up on the screen every two minutes.
Somebody please tell me there is a way to make this stop. TIA!

Like Comment
Order by:
SOLVED Posted: by ryan.ball

Are you scoping apps to the devices without specifying VPP?

SOLVED Posted: by lizmowens

Nope. At least I don’t think I am. Here is a screenshot of one of the apps I scoped with the VPP option chosen. Is this what you mean?

SOLVED Posted: by ejculpepper

In your Jamf management interface, within Settings --> Self-Service --> iOS, do you have the option for "Install Automatically" set to "Self-Service App"?

I had the same issue initially, it was due to the Self-Service app attempting to load automatically before I had licenses allocated from my VPP account.

SOLVED Posted: by lizmowens

SOLVED Posted: by mainelysteve

I would look at a particular iPad's failed command list after you dismiss the message(s). Note which app installs are in that list and verify their VPP setting. That or take stock of what did install and what hasn't installed based on the scope for that device.

Jamf wants to hear your feedback around Peripherals and Jamf Connect settings configuration