JSS API maximum return

Eltord
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone knows what the maximum return size is for a JAMF API GET call, specifically the computergroups. One of the things I want to do is return the list of smart groups and then cut them down to the ones being used for role management, filter them down, then display only ones to choose from that are relevant based on options chosen by the user at enrollment via depnotify. As far as I have been able to work out, the only way to do this is to get every smart group first and then trim it down after. In my organization, I can expect there to be 100's or more smart groups for roles, so I need to know if there is a maximum for the api returns, and if there is what is it so i can hand that information off to our software deployment teams.

On the other hand, if anyone knows how to trim down the returned values to only ones that start with a certain string, that would be extremely helpful. with my testing i haven't been able to use any kind of wildcard characters, but I also could be doing this very wrong as this is my first major leap into rest api and curl.

1 REPLY 1

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

I don’t think there is a maximum. Why don’t you give us three things to start with:
1. Example command you are using
2. Example output you are getting
3. Example of what you want to trim the output down to