Jamf Connect Login - Cloud password update

brianmnagy
New Contributor

Using Jamf Connect Login with Azure AD.

After I change a login password in Azure I get the expected prompt on login saying "Cloud password does not match local password. Please enter your previous local password to update it." When I enter the old password and click "OK" the screen goes black and it kicks me back to the starting Azure login page but the new password is never updated on the system and I get the same "Cloud password does not match" each time I login. I know I'm using the proper "old" password, I can login with the local auth mode fine and have done the same test on a second account, getting the same result.

Anyone have this same experience?

5 REPLIES 5

jamiebuckell
New Contributor

Yes, same issue here. So user types in details then it says "Cloud password does not match local password. Please enter your previous local password to update it.".... After putting in the old password to update it, screen goes black and when it comes back it starts the process again.

4765a531cce74921a5627439adebc8a2

triphen_admin
New Contributor

Hello,

Any updates on this. We are experiencing this as well after password resets

perri4180
New Contributor

Anything on this??? This is from 2019 - is there a solution because I need one!

perri4180
New Contributor

The solution appears to be repeatedly and aggressively pressing the OK button to allow log in. Following a successful login, click on the Jamf Verify icon and sign-in. Here enter the new password.

pjlotnix
New Contributor

We had a similar issue and found that it was due to the password policy for macos being more strict than the Azure policy.

After removing "Complex Passcode" from the config profile in Jamf, the issue disappeared for us