Jamf with Mac devices already enrolled in Intune

marsh7979
New Contributor

Hi all,

I was just looking for a little bit of advice before we go ahead and commit to purchasing Jamf.

We currently have a mixture of Win10 and Mac machines on our network. All our Mac machines are currently enrolled within Intune with some basic compliance policies applied.

How would the Jamf enrolment process work for us? Are we still able to easily enrol the Mac devices within Jamf and integrate them together. I only ask because the Jamf process assumes that devices are all registered in jamf first then enrolled into intune.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

patgmac
Contributor III

Being enrolled in InTune means you’re using its MDM. Jamf is also an MDM and you can’t be enrolled in two MDM’s. You can possibly just install the Jamf agent and let Jamf fail to enroll in MDM. But you probably want to unenroll from InTune and fully enroll in Jamf. Then use the Jamf > InTune integration.

mlambert
New Contributor III

We're in this boat as well. Having used JAMF at my last company and we're about to purchase at my current it seems to make more sense to have JAMF take the MDM over, but I'm curious to see if anyone stuck with InTune for MDM and what they experienced.