NomadLogin background and logo Help

jhathcock
New Contributor III

We're setting up NomadLogin for deployment and I'm testing right now. The AD connection is working, but all I get for the background and logo are white screen.

I don't know where I'm messing up. Here's my script:

#!/bin/bash

# Preference key reference
# https://gitlab.com/orchardandgrove-oss/NoMADLogin-AD/wikis/Configuration/preferences
domain="rbschool.org"
background_image="/rbsimages/nomadback.jpg"
logo="/rbsimages/nomadlogo.png"

# Set default AD domain
defaults write /Library/Preferences/menu.nomad.login.ad.plist ADDomain "$domain"

# Set background image
defaults write /Library/Preferences/menu.nomad.login.ad.plist BackgroundImage "$background_image"

# Set login window logo
defaults write /Library/Preferences/menu.nomad.login.ad.plist LoginLogo "$logo"

# Set security authorization database mechanisms with authchanger
/usr/local/bin/authchanger -reset -AD

# Kill loginwindow process to force NoMAD Login to launch
/usr/bin/killall -HUP loginwindow

exit 0

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

Hi , check preferences on files you are using. they should be rw-r-r or 644. Also you can set those setting with a profile using profile creator

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

Hi , check preferences on files you are using. they should be rw-r-r or 644. Also you can set those setting with a profile using profile creator

jhathcock
New Contributor III

@Nix4Life Thanks for your reply. we're beta testing the setup before deploying. I may be being daft (it is monday), but what is profile creator?

marklamont
Contributor III

this is profile creator. You need to make sure, apart from the images actually being there that the perms are correct as mentioned. I also find that some images work and some don't, never really delved into the actual formats too much but try smaller or less pixel depth usually helps.

bradley_benkle
New Contributor

I would also specify BackgroundImageAlpha to 0.

tdclark
Contributor

Double check that the path you're pointing at, is where the files actually are. According to your script the images are located at Macintosh HD/<here>. Is that where you want them? Would a /Users/Shared location be better? Are they hidden? What are the permissions, like @Nix4Life said?

jhathcock
New Contributor III

got it to work. had to reset permissions to 644. they got messed up in install somehow.

thanks!

dvasquez
Valued Contributor

The composer app will also set the perms on the image files. I set mine to 744 and all went well.