File Vault Custom Message

JeyT
New Contributor III

Sorry if this has been asked. Is there a way to provide a custom message when enabling file vault by policy? I have it set to enable after second login but would like to notify the user that you can continue to work after xx minutes while it initiates. When I tested this on a MacBook air, the user enabled it, but its taking quite a bit of time to log back into the OS and led the encryption move forward in the background. Thank You.

2 REPLIES 2

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

I don't think a lot of admins run trigger FV on login. We do and on beta Catalina, it's about 28 secs from 1st enable button to the desktop loaded. I haven't had any feedback about this being too long. Guessing from your question I am thinking you are seeing a long time?

C

JeyT
New Contributor III

thanks @gachowski. We don't use DEP, but we have all our apps being pushed down by policy. Our analysts deploy the Macs so really only need to enroll the Mac into Jamf and everything gets setup. The trigger is "Recurring Checkin" but use the "After 2 logins" in the Disk Encryption option so the encryption process starts when the user or owner of the Mac is using the system. One Mac ran fine, yet another one froze after I chose to start the encryption using the Jamf policy. Had to force a reboot to get out of that, then everything seemed to be working fine. Was also wondering about a custom message so the staff see this is the IT dept enabling this process.