Skip to main content
Jamf Nation, hosted by Jamf, is a knowledgeable community of Apple-focused admins and Jamf users. Join us in person at the ninth annual Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) this November for three days of learning, laughter and IT love.

Content not available to assign to mobile devices

I "upgraded" my school to Apple School Manager about 3 weeks ago. Prior to that, we purchased many apps through VPP and assigned them to devices with no problem, however it has been a few months since we've had to purchase anything.

I just purchased 10 licenses for 2 different iOS apps in School Manager. Both apps are device assignable according to the site. I got emails from Apple saying they were available for assignment. When I set them up in JAMF Pro (version 10.6), they say "Content not available to assign to mobile devices." I downloaded a new token from School Manager and refreshed it Global Management Settings. When I view the Content tab in Global Management->VPP Accounts, neither app appears in the list at all. At this point it has been over 24 hours since I bought the licenses. When I try to update the purchases through VPP settings in JAMF Pro, neither app appears in the search at all and I get a blank screen. I attached a screenshot for reference.

I called JAMF support and logged a ticket. They checked my settings when I called and said everything is set up correctly. While on the phone, I got an email from JAMF Support who told me to wait. As I've said, that hasn't worked. They emailed me again and said refresh the token, which I have already done and told them so. I just told them again that I've done that.

Does anyone have any more ideas? I still have my support call in but JAMF appears to be at a loss at the moment and I need to finish setting up these iPads. There has been some mention of sites in the past, but I don't see any of that in School Manager. Thanks for any help.

Like Comment