DEP from Apple.com Orders - Apple Customer Number

amorse
New Contributor II

I must be missing something but where do you find the Apple Customer Number so I can have purchased from Apple.com get enrolled in DEP? All I can find is posts saying contact my purchasing department and well that's me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@amorse If you're EDU or a business you can get your customer number from ASM or ABM. You may be outta luck though. I'm pretty sure devices need to be purchased from the e-commerce store(ecommerce.apple.com) or through your account manager to get them in DEP.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@amorse If you're EDU or a business you can get your customer number from ASM or ABM. You may be outta luck though. I'm pretty sure devices need to be purchased from the e-commerce store(ecommerce.apple.com) or through your account manager to get them in DEP.

amorse
New Contributor II

So in my ABM I have a spot for a number but it's blank. 1b31888d72d047da875e2ff23dab0c54 This is what I was hoping to figure out how I get.

I did go to ecommerce.apple.com and tried to request access but my business address isn't in the system and it sent it to another business.....

pete_c
Contributor III

@mainelysteve The larger Apple resellers such as CDW can also supply orders and serials into DEP.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@amorse Here's how to find your organization's ID that needs to be provided to vendors you're buying Apple equipment from:
1) Click the "Settings" item at the lower-left corner of the screen when legged into the Apple Business Mananger portal
2) Click the "Enrollment Information" item displayed under "Organizational Settings" in the 2nd column of the screen
3) You will see your Organization ID displayed in the 3rd column

You will enter the IDs of the vendors you purchase Apple equipment from under "Customer Numbers" in "Device Management Settings"

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@pete_c That's correct. I forgot about CDW. I did get burnt by another slightly smaller education-focused reseller stating they had the ability to add s/n's to ASM but they turned around after my order had been delivered saying to the effect "Uh, no. We never told you that". Good thing it was only 30 iPads.

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

If you haven't opened the boxes, send them back. Get an account setup with apple first.

amorse
New Contributor II

Hey Guys, Just to push an update. I called their General sales line and they are getting me the Customer Number. Only way to get it is by calling. Thanks for all the great info!

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

@mainelysteve , at least with iPads you can use Apple Configurator 2 to enroll them in DEP as well. Just enroll and then let them sit on the shelf for 30 days so that the MDM profile can't be removed.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@RBlount They, unfortunately, were first-gen iPad Mini's. When I first read about that I got all excited then I remembered they wouldn't go past iOS 9.3.5. This was a several years ago now so I'm not particularly worried about it too much anymore.