Adobe Creative Cloud Packages and Gatekeeper

joethedsa
Contributor II

I'm having an issue with deploying Adobe Creative Cloud packages (created via the Adobe admin web GUI). I uploaded the package to Jamf and then created a policy to install it. I scoped it to a Mojave system and it failed.

Error is as follows:
Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is AdobeSD_PremierePro<br/>installer: Installing at base path /<br/>installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)

When I copy the package locally to a computer and go through the installation process, I do get Gatekeeper dialogues to allow the installation. I can only conclude this is why it is failing with Jamf. Is there anyone else having the same issue either with Adobe and or other products? I thought that because Jamf essentially runs things as root, this wouldn't be an issue but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I also find it odd that the GK message thinks it's from an unidentified developer even though it was official created via an Adobe channel.

Is there any Configuration profile that can be created to whitelist certain apps without having to entirely disable Gatekeeper?

0 REPLIES 0