Adobe Cleaner Tool Run Silently without EULA command line settings or script

psherotov
Contributor

Hey all,

I'm using (trying to use) Adobe Cleaner tool deployed via Jamf policy to uninstall CS6 from our iMacs. The trouble is that it opens a UI for the logged in user where they have to click accept for the EULA.

Does anyone know how to get this to install and run from a command or script without user input?

I've tried this:

sudo [Path to Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.app]/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool ‐‐removeAll= CREATIVECLOUDCS6PRODUCTS

From this resource: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

4 REPLIES 4

russeller
Contributor III

Hey super old post. I found this undocumented command line option for this tool that works:

sudo [Path to Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.app]/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool --eulaAccepted=1 --removeAll=ALL

Found it here
--
Also, It doesn't remove Adobe Acrobat for some reason, so here is a way do accomplish that silently:

sudo /Applications/Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat.app/Contents/Helpers/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Library/LaunchServices/com.adobe.Acrobat.RemoverTool Uninstall /Applications/Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat.app

MikeyJAP
New Contributor II

This method has worked with some Monterey machines and not with others. Will do some research and update this post.

MathiasO
New Contributor II

Hey!

Do we have some Updates here?
I´m also about to deploy it to BigSur / Monterey Computers.

Miff_Weaver
New Contributor II

Hey all,

Just in case anyone stumbles across this 2023 or after, this method seems to work great across ARM and Intel machines running Ventura and Sonoma:

Make sure you head to this post to give cbrewer some well deserved Kudos!