Scoping Issues

Stephen_marquar
New Contributor II

We have specific rename scripts for our different geographies. Our rename is the country code followed by the serial number. For example: US-{serial number}. The scripts work fine. We have our Buildings set to populate as the country code for the name of the building. We aren't concerned with any other location information. I've created smart groups for each of these country codes. Once scoped the relevant systems show up as being members of the smart groups. We have the Policy that pushes the scripts scoped to each of the Smart Groups.

What we're seeing is that every rename script runs on every system regardless of scope or smart group membership. We've tried every iteration of Specific Computer --> All Users, Specific Computer --> Specific Users, etc and nothing seems to change this applying to all the systems.

To add a specific example: I have a smart group that identifies the systems in Canada. Our Canadian assets show as being part of that Smart Group. I target our Canadian rename policy at that smart group. Then I can see every rename policy I have get pushed to the Canadian assets.

0 REPLIES 0