Over air Apple TV recovery?

rpayne
Contributor II

I made a bonehead move and set an Apple TV 4K to be locked in display mode and disabled remote pairing (this is normal for our configuration). The bonehead part comes in where I did not check if the device was in DEP (it's not). Apparently, somehow it got removed. That being said... I can't wipe this device. I went into Jamf to do it and low and behold.... wait for it... it's not there either. Do I just have a paper weight?

UPDATE: Sorry guys. Yes I did. You plug in the device, let it boot up, then unplug it. Repeat this process 5 times. The AppleTV will go into recovery and throw out config profile settings.

4 REPLIES 4

rpayne
Contributor II

(fixed)

ICTMuttenz
Contributor

How?

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

You said it was “fixed” in a follow up reply; did you resolve the issue? If so, please update your original post.

AFAIK, you can put an Apple TV into Recovery mode by disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable a few times.

rpayne
Contributor II

Sorry guys. Yes I did. You plug in the device, let it boot up, then unplug it. Repeat this process 5 times. The AppleTV will go into recovery and throw out config profile settings.