JAMF Connect Weirdness

alexmcclements
Contributor

has anyone else encountered this error with JAMF Connect?dbfff95751534c7882a996525f9d131d

I followed this blog on setting up JAMF Connect https://travellingtechguy.eu/jamf-connect-login-with-azure/ and while my admin assigned users can sign in people using the standard account get the message above. I think it is either an issue with the manifest or the jamf connect plist is missing an entry but curious to know if anyone else has come across this

5 REPLIES 5

rqomsiya
Contributor III

Check the DenyLocal key in your .plist. Seems like it’s set to true.

-R

alexmcclements
Contributor

I didn't initially have DenyLocal in my plist, I added it after this error appeared and set it to false but to no avail.

merps
Contributor III

Using Okta, but this might be applicable.

We recently noticed issues that seem to be caused by a change in the "First user" detection.

By adding our standard users group into the allow secondary logon preference, everyone can now log in.

Haven't had time to sort out why it's happening, but my guess is that we have our management account + another hidden admin created before first user login.

edickson
Contributor

May or may not apply but at a previous company we used Apple Enterprise Connect and if a users Macbook was not connected to our wifi (or via VPN) AEC would throw a login error.

alexmcclements
Contributor

It appears to be linked to a Login window config profile, I removed it and now non admin users can login, I guess it's logical that as JAMF Connect effectively replaces the login window that existing login window config profiles would hit it for six.