Safari issue since update?

a_holley
Contributor

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has seen issues with Safari not opening since the recent update?

We've had a few MBPs that won't open Safari at all in the last two days. I've come in this morning and we have two more.

Tried restarting and checking for updates, but no luck. We can install the OS again, but I'm trying to figure out why it's happening in the first place.

4 REPLIES 4

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Just started seeing this today. I’m figuring it’s the Safari 13 update that isn’t getting fully applied since it affects every user of the computer. I’m trying to figure out how to download the update manually to apply it locally. Figure I can grab it off of one of my caching servers possibly.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Here are some tips to get the Safari installer in this link:

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/33351/download-safari-13-installer

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

I actually got it from a machine that didn't apply the update yet from the /Library/Updates folder.
Safari13.0.2MojaveAuto.pkg Once I applied the update it resolved this issue.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

jkunkel
New Contributor II

I just had this issue crop up-it's a known issue at Apple with the latest Safari 13 update. Apparently the update is leaving behind a couple of files, causing corruption and the crash upon launch. I wasn't given any formal solution, although reinstalling the OS & NOT applying the Safari update worked for me. It's low on Apple's impact scale, so call it in if you're seeing this happen.