macOS Catalina and self service not working ???

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

Has anyone been able to have a self service policy successfully run with macOS 10.15 Catalina?

I haven't been successful.

a simple policy to install Zoom just hangs at the 'downloading' stage.

13 REPLIES 13

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

is anyone having issues with self service and Catalina? I am having self service policies just basically hanging on the 'downloading' part of self service

MatG
Contributor III

Working fine on Jamf 10.15.1 and Catalina 10.15.1
What version of jamf are you on?

Matt_Roy93
Contributor

Working well on some test devices in our district running 10.15.1, Jamf server version could be the culprit here.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@MatG @Matt_Roy93 this is what i see for version in the JAMF Pro interface when creating policies, so i'm assuming this would be the JAMF Pro server version??

Version 10.7.1-t1536934276

What is the current version?

jared_f
Valued Contributor

@tcandela Your Jamf Server must be on-prem. You need to follow the steups to upgrade to 10.16.1. You are most likely have to go to InnoDB, upgrade Java, and upgrade MySQL.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I'm able to enroll Catalina Computers and have and enrollment policies successfully run but when I run self service policies they keep hanging on downloading/executing. So you still think I need to upgrade the server?

cpresnall
Contributor

Still running 10.13.0 with thousands of Catalina Macs. No issues with Self Service at all. My advice is to start with your Policy logs and see where the process is getting stuck. Downloading in Self Service covers a broad range of different behind the scenes steps before the item runs an installer or process and reports an ending state.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@cpresnall you're on version 10.13.0, looks like im still on 10.7, that to me would seem like a huge difference.

I mentioned to the JAMF server admins to upgrade the server.

thadmin
New Contributor II

I have a similar problem. After upgrading to Catalina (10.15 and 10.15.1) I can no longer install any apps from the app store. Installers which we have created locally still work, it's only app store apps. Sometimes they give an error, and other times they seem to complete without installing anything. We're using Jamf version 10.16.1.

abuehler
New Contributor III

@thadmin When you check the "Management"-tab of one of the Macs that failed installing the App, do you see a <mdmclienterror:72>?

If that is the case, it seems you are hitting the issue discussed here: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/31057

thadmin
New Contributor II

I AM getting that issue. Thanks for the info. According to that thread, it seems to be an Apple issue.

allanp81
Valued Contributor

Sorry, wrong thread...

rhooper
Contributor III

same issue here. The App starts to install and then error's out with a 501 error. JAMF 10.19.0 and Catalina 10.15.x. Someone said it has something to do with the Catalina Activation lock Read-Only..... have yet to see any corrective actions.
Odd - New Chrome Ap, 80.0.3.xxx, will not install but the old 67.1.3.xxx will... now how is that for strange?