Jamf Notification with Catalina

Euwanh
New Contributor III

Hi,

For the life of me I am not able to find out how to allow jamf management notifications on Catalina, For the self service ones I am able to use profile creator and create a notification profile as a banner for com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.mac however if i do the same for com.jamf.management.Jamf (Located in /Library/Applicationsupport/Jamf it does not work. Am I missing something?

2 REPLIES 2

Euwanh
New Contributor III

Managed to figure it out by going to the preferences plist it is actually com.jamfsoftware.Management-Actions. Does anyone one however know how to give jamf access to accessibility and other items using the PPCutility. Screenshot attached. I tried to add the app located in /Library/Applicationsupport/Jamf to PPCutility and give full permissions for the majority of the options as a test to see if it allowed it but it did not. (Profile was signed) I even went as far as showing the contents of /Library/Applicationsupport/Jamf then from contents navigating to MacOS folder and adding the files in there (Jamf unix exe, JamfAAd, JamfDaemon and JamfManagementService) Still not dice it comes up asking me to still allow.
2b951ea09d3d44858a8372cfa44cef71

mike_paul
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello @Euwanh, thanks for the post. It looks like Jamf needs access to System Events which you can grant using the Apple Events connector. You can either build your own using the Jamf PPPC utility, via the Jamf Pro GUI or you could use the one on our GitHub page located here: https://github.com/jamf/JamfPrivacyPreferencePolicyControlProfiles