Creating new configuration profile for BYOD iOS devices

rafaelnr
New Contributor II

Hi! Like the subject line says, I'm trying to create a new config profile for BYOD iOS devices. I've got a combination of work phones (iPhones) and personal devices that will be used for work (some iPhones & Androids). I want the iPhones enrolled in Jamf Pro. I've set up an enrollment page for them (COMPANY.jamfcloud.com/enroll).

What I'm trying to do is:
- create a new config profile for personal devices
- associate that config profile to the enrollment page

Help? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

cpresnall
Contributor

The hard part as I see it is knowing which devices are company and which are BYOD. The way I would go about this is to set up Apple Business Manager with your company devices and then use your enrollment link for the BYOD. This would let you make two smart groups and scope your profiles accordingly based on enrollment method.

rafaelnr
New Contributor II

@cpresnall can you elaborate on setting up ABM? Thanks, this sounds intriguing.

cpresnall
Contributor

@rafaelnr Sorry for the delay. Start with business.apple.com. The info there will get you going!

Sakiko
New Contributor

Hi! I did exactly what you (rafaelnr) are planning. I've created a "Site" dedicate for BYOD devices. On user initiated enrollment, the user is prompted to select Site. To double-check, I've created a search under "Full Jamf Pro" (or Site=None, i.e. not that BYOD Site) that filters out the devices that are not Supervised.