Tracking Computer Utilization

mconners
Valued Contributor

Hello Everyone,

We are trying to find a way to look at all of our computers and monitor actual usage. The basic idea is, if a computer or group of computers aren't really being used, then why refresh them? Makes sense.

I see a program called, Labstats. Does anyone have any thoughts on Jamf being able to monitor this? When I talked to someone in support, they didn't really think there was a way to do this. So, I thought I would begin the discussion and see what others have done in this regard.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

B-35405
Contributor

I'm assuming creating a smart group that tracks the last time a computer checked-in is no good? I can tell what computers are used or not via that smartgroup.

danny_hanes
Contributor

Having everything in Jamf Pro would be nice, but assuming limited resources for development, I feel that there are more important things to focus on instead of inventory gathering.

That being said, we use Labstats and have found that it does exactly what we are looking for. We use to to determine our lab utilization as well as show students which labs have computers available through digital signage. We have been fairly happy with them.