NoMAD Login AD - 2020/01

nkuhl30
Contributor

Does anyone know if NoMAD Login AD is a dead product or are there plans to continue it? I haven't seen any updates to v1.3.0 in several months, if not longer.

I'd like to move our Macs over to it but it's not ready for prime time yet. Until then, I'm sticking with the macOS AD plugin.

9 REPLIES 9

anickless
Contributor II

JAMF bought out NoMAD into JAMF Connect, so while there is the older NoMAD products I would believe they are unsupported and undeveloped as JAMF is now selling JAMF Connect which is NoMAD rebranded.

sharriston
Contributor III

I would say that as of the release of Catalina (last summer) the developers were continuing to test and provide workflows for NoMAD and NoLOAD on their macadmins slack channel. I don't want to speak for them but it seems they are still very much supporting even if in name only. They also updated their github page 3 months ago right around when Catalina came out.

cliftoja
New Contributor III

Correct me if I'm wrong but NoLOAD does simple AD login, I haven't seen anywhere in the Jamf Connect docs that it does that. So until then.....

anickless
Contributor II

FYI in Catalina Apple built in an SSO agent, there apple enterprise connect is now part of the macOS for free.

sharriston
Contributor III

I would say NoMAD and NoLOAD are far easier to use than Enterprise Connect, but this is also from when EC cost money. I also enjoy how easy it is to speak with the developers for help resolving issues. And the app Profile Creator has made it super easy to customize with NoMAD support built in. As I said before I haven't really looked at EC since it has become part of the OS so I really can't speak to it.

MrRoboto
Contributor III

Is anybody actively deploying NoMAD Login AD on their Catalina Macs?

We are already using NoMAD with our AD bound Macs. I am testing Catalina now and was excited to finally ditch the bind by implementing NoLOAD but it looks like the development has gone stale. Version 1.3.0 was released a year ago?

sharriston
Contributor III

@MrRoboto If you go to the NoLoAD slack channel they have put the downloads for new releases there.

mhasman
Valued Contributor

I didn't see updates for long time. We use version 1.2.0, and it works with latest Catalina as well

MrRoboto
Contributor III

@sharriston @mhasman Thanks. Version 1.4 is around the corner, I totally missed version 1.3. Looks like NoLoad now has built in notify functions so it can replace DEPnotify but at the login window. Woohoo!