Recon Overwriting JSS Entries?

rpx
New Contributor

I'm having an issue when adding new laptops to the JSS. After imaging, Recon updates the inventory, but the entries keep overwriting others.

I started with a 15" MBP that I initially added to the JSS. I imaged a 13" MBP and it took the place of the 15's entry. I imaged another 13" and it took the place of the previous 13". To make matters worse, I imaged 4 Mac Pro workstations and they all created their own entry and worked normally.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Currently running 8.4, laptops are on 10.6.8.

-Randall

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sirkyle
New Contributor III

We had the same experience with MacBook AIRs. We opened a ticket with JAMF Support and they said that it would be resolved in the next update. I just read the release notes for this update and it is included.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sirkyle
New Contributor III

We had the same experience with MacBook AIRs. We opened a ticket with JAMF Support and they said that it would be resolved in the next update. I just read the release notes for this update and it is included.

rpx
New Contributor

JAMF responded earlier today. I am currently testing 8.43 to see if it fixes this issue.

-Randall

rpx
New Contributor

I'm still having this issue w/ 8.43... Is anyone else seeing their entries be overwritten in 8.43?

-Randall

rpx
New Contributor

8.43 ended up fixing the issue. I neglected to update my image with the 8.43 Suite tools.

/sigh

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

I saw this issue as well, but as mentioned above it was resolved with 8.43. You may want to check for negative machine numbers as well. I had a few of those that needed cleared out after the upgrade.