OSX Configuration Profiles Opt-In Message

Matt
Valued Contributor

Do we have any way to stop this message from popping up? I don't want users to determine whether they opt-in or not.

7 REPLIES 7

ryan_yohnk
New Contributor II

Hi Matt,

For the most part OS X config profiles should be transparent to the end user. Do you happen to have a screenshot of the behavior you are seeing? Are you seeing this while deploying profiles through the JSS via the OS X Configuration Profiles section? And is this with all config profiles or just some that you are seeing a dialog be presented to the users?

Thanks,
Ryan

Matt
Valued Contributor

It happens at the Loginwindow. It sends a message asking to enroll or not enroll.

quedayone
Contributor

I am getting it as well. It looks like this:

external image link

I am seeing this while deploying profiles through the JSS via the OS X Configuration Profiles section. I only have one Profile. Tested only on one computer so far.

AdamH
New Contributor II

I'm seeing this behavior as well. But it only shows up for people who are local admins. But I would really love to remove this message!

gregneagle
Valued Contributor

In classic MCX, this is a setting in the "com.apple.loginwindow" domain:

"AdminMayDisableMCX" -- if set to false, admin users cannot elect to disable management at login.

I'd imagine you can set this with profiles as well.

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

Or just don't give users admin rights :)

lance_ogletree
Contributor

If you are receiving the message about disabling management when logging in,
check your Configuration Profiles . The Login Window payload has this option
under the Options tab. See if it's checked off.
You may also want to check if it's configured under Managed Preferences as well.