Error creating the new object in the JSS v 8.51

Damien
New Contributor

Hello all,

I'm having some issues with a new installation with version 8.51 on Lion Server 10.7.3. When try to add packages via Casper Admin I get the following error message "There was an error creating the new object in the JSS.

The object then appears in the list but I'm unable to delete and it prompts with the following "The package XXX could not be deleted because there are other packaged based on it."

any advice would be much appreciated, at this stage its a pretty vanilla setup so i don't mind starting from scratch.

Cheers, Damien

3 REPLIES 3

danny_hanes
Contributor

I too would like a response to this. I am getting the same message / issue in Casper Admin 9.21.

jardoin1
New Contributor III

so.... Anybody ever find a solution to this?

michaelhusar
Contributor II

I have the same thing :-( The JSS-ID is -1 with these packages - should be in my db approx. 800

My workaround is not really a logic one: I log into Casper Admin with a different (local) casper-user with (strangely enough) the same credentials and delete the packages and add them again with this user. So far changing the user helped resolve the issue. Of course I am not very happy with that....