Imaging FirstRun Script Fails - 8.52

mark_sampers
Contributor

I'm experiencing a issue that I hope, someone can shed some light on.

When imaging a new computer or an older computer that has been removed from the JSS prior to imaging, the FirstRun Scripts fail to run. (Though they do show they were added and copied to the computer in the Imaging Log.)

If I were to re-image a computer that is currently located in the JSS, the FirstRun Scripts do run properly.

Has anyone else seen this issure?

Thanks in advance for any help you can send my way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mark_sampers
Contributor

With the help of our Account Manager (Derek Brost) I believe we found our problem and a solution. Many of our FirstRun scripts contain a trigger to call a policy post image. We had those policies scoped to "All Managed Computers". In our enviroment, the newly imaged computer was not added to our JSS before the scripts began to run and thus the would fail. (because they were not joining the smart group, "All Managed Computer" soon enough.)

Our solution was to change the scope of our policies from "All Managed Computers" to "Assign to All Computers". This allowed the triggered policies to run even if the computer had not completely joined the "All Managed Computers" smart group.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mark_sampers
Contributor

With the help of our Account Manager (Derek Brost) I believe we found our problem and a solution. Many of our FirstRun scripts contain a trigger to call a policy post image. We had those policies scoped to "All Managed Computers". In our enviroment, the newly imaged computer was not added to our JSS before the scripts began to run and thus the would fail. (because they were not joining the smart group, "All Managed Computer" soon enough.)

Our solution was to change the scope of our policies from "All Managed Computers" to "Assign to All Computers". This allowed the triggered policies to run even if the computer had not completely joined the "All Managed Computers" smart group.