Mobile account creation at login

DanR1974
New Contributor

Hi Guys
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I cannot seem to locate it. We're a rather larger school district and we have a large number of Macbooks that students use in building only. On our desktops we use normal true network homes (each building is it's own subnet and has a beefy xserve that handles homedirs)
We currently use the golden triangle method for users, however we'd like to remove OD from the mix this summer. On the laptops we create mobile accounts when the students login the first time. Then they would do a manual sync of Desktop and Documents after they are logged in. Problem is I cannot seem to get the account to create using Casper managed MCX. The account will login, but it stays a network home. I know I'm missing something, but for the life of me cannot figure out where. I currently have setup:

Create Mobile Home With Local User Template User Level Enforced cachedaccounts.create.useLocalUserTemplate boolean true

cachedaccounts.WarnOnCreate.allowNever User Level At Every Login cachedaccounts.WarnOnCreate.allowNever boolean true

com.apple.cachedaccounts.CreateAtLogin User Level At Every Login com.apple.cachedaccounts.CreateAtLogin boolean true

com.apple.cachedaccounts.CreatePHDAtLogin User Level At Every Login com.apple.cachedaccounts.CreatePHDAtLogin boolean true

Thanks
Dan

2 REPLIES 2

cnewcombe
New Contributor

Dan, did you ever figure this out? i'm in the same boat. Can't get casper mcx to create the local users.

davidkwa
New Contributor III

Chris and Dan

I suspect it's not MCX that's causing the issue but the user home folder path isn't populated in the directory. Any more information on your environment:
- OS X version
- what directory are you using
- any additional info etc

Dave