Failed Login to Self Service and MDM Enroll

curullij
Contributor

I'm getting a weird issue where some of our AD users aren't able to login to Self Service or to the MDM enroll process.
It doesn't appear to be limited to any users from a particular OU or group. It looks to be random.

I was thinking of checking the JSS logs for the failed login attempts to see if there is any more information there.
Can someone point me in the right direction of where the failed attempts might be logged? Or has someone seen this behaviour before?

3 REPLIES 3

Dtwerdohlib
New Contributor III

I don't get the exact same issue your having, but sometimes when I try to do a user lookup via LDAP through the location tab on a device i get some random "user not found" messages even though I know they are there and their names are spelt correctly. Yet if I do an LDAP lookup test in the Settings >> LDAP Servers >> Test area then it finds the user no problem.

The problem usually goes away after 10-20 minutes or so but still very strange.

curullij
Contributor

Yeah I've experienced this also. I wonder if it's an issue with the JSS resolving to the AD.
Does anyone know where I can check the logs of these sort of actions?

clifhirtle
Contributor II

Ever figure out a cause for failures to login to Self Service? Seeing this on a few test machines here too.