Lion 10.7.3 image creation for Casper 8.43

tyler_nelson
New Contributor

Nation,

I have recently upgraded from Casper 8.1 to 8.43 in order to deploy Lion. I have yet to be successful in creating an image for Mac OS 10.7.3 that will deploy via Casper. I am trying to create a full image and capture it for deployment. The image includes the following:

-Mac OS 10.7.3
-Adobe CS5
-Microsoft Office 2008
-Saved OS Preferences
-a plethora of printer drivers

I have used both Disk Utility and Composer 8.43 to create the image. I then upload it to Casper Admin and create a new configuration and save. I then netboot to Casper Imaging and select my new configuration and start the imaging process. It will then proceed to run through the install steps but it is evident that the OS does not install as it only spends a second on the OS package and then moves on. The log for the install consists of the following:

Initializing Imaging Process...
Mounting afp://10.1.51.15/CasperShare...
Installing LION7.3.dmg...
Error: The file LION7.3.dmg does not exist.
Setting computer name to "TylerTest"...
Creating /private/etc/jamf.conf...
Creating /usr/sbin/jamf...
Creating Startup Script...
Creating Login/Logout Hooks...
Creating jamfHelper...
Ensuring Apple's Setup Assistant does not appear...
Creating First Run Script...
Adding line to Update ByHost Files...
Unmounting Distribution Point...
Blessing System...
Ensuring system files are hidden...

Questions:
Can I even create an OS package in this manner for deployment?
Does anyone have step by step instructions for an install of the like?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm in the tall grass on this one at the moment.

4 REPLIES 4

davidhiggs
Contributor III

double to check that you haven't renamed your OS after creating and adding it. I'd just go through the motions of adding it through Casper Admin again.

If you have repositories at other sites, that might be something to check too. maybe do a replication.

tyler_nelson
New Contributor

I have re-added many times and replicated. I have not renamed the file.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Is Casper admin open anywhere else? Have you tried repairing permissions on the share? If you mount the share from the NetBoot can you see the dmg?

tyler_nelson
New Contributor

Casper admin is only open on one machine, permissions are correct, and the dmg is visible on the share.