Create mobile home at initial login?

limbertt
New Contributor

So, here's my setup:

I have 10.6 and 10.7 clients (MacBooks), enrolled in JSS, managed using MCX preferences. I want to maintain my existing Open Directory server for user authentication.

I want a new user to log in for the first time on his/her freshly-deployed laptop, and have a portable (mobile) home directory created. I want no syncing going on, I just want it to create both home directories on the client and the server.

I've tried using the MCX templates under JSS for Create Mobile Home with Local User Template (True), and Show Mobile Account Dialog (false), and it's not working. It creates the home directory on the server, but not on the client; it's just a network account.

Help?

3 REPLIES 3

cnewcombe
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Any discoveries?

Matt
Valued Contributor

Why not use the built in Directory Binding option in Casper Admin (via the Web JSS only.)

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Hey Tim,

Are these machines bound to OD with managed preferences set to create mobile accounts? If I could get some more information I have an idea that may work, but I no longer have an OD environment to test this stuff in. In my experience OD MCX and Casper MCX don't always play nice with each other. However, it has been a while since I even tried to mix the two.

Thanks,
Tom