m86 installation fails via casper remote

debrat
New Contributor III

Hello
Anyone tried pushing the m86authenticator pkg through Casper Remote? The school has decided to try m86 and needs a way to push m86. I uploaded the .pkg file that was provided to us and it fails via casper remote with the following error:

/usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.52
Executing Policy 2012-07-13 at 3:29 PM | erd | 1 Computer...
Downloading BOM for M86Authenticator-2.0.17.pkg...
Downloading Components of http://ehmacwgmr.ksbe.edu:80/CasperShare/Packages//M86Authenticator-2.0.17.pkg...
Installing M86Authenticator-2.0.17.pkg...
Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is M86Authenticator
installer: Installing at base path /
installer:PHASE:Preparing for installation…
installer:PHASE:Preparing the disk…
installer:PHASE:Preparing M86Authenticator…
installer:PHASE:Waiting for other installations to complete…
installer:PHASE:Configuring the installation…
installer:STATUS:
installer:%97.750000
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)

4 REPLIES 4

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

When we used m86, I created my own package because of the need to have the IP address of your web filter in a config file. The package just consisted of the application folder and a launchd item.

tlarkin
Honored Contributor
When we used m86, I created my own package because of the need to have the IP address of your web filter in a config file. The package just consisted of the application folder and a launchd item.

That is the same exact method I had to use when I used it at my old job, then installed the PKG at post image time.

-Tom

debrat
New Contributor III

Thanks guys. I'll give it a try

tmalo627
New Contributor

I had problems with deploying this through a policy as well. What was strange is that it installed manually on client computers with no problems. So I created a policy that copied the installer to a hidden directory on the client computer, then ran a script to install the .pkg.

The script is listed below

## !bin/bash

installer -pkg "/path/to/M86Authenticator-2.0.10.pkg" -target "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/"

## Optional; Hides the visibility of the M86Authenticator directory within the Applications folder
chflags hidden /Applications/M86Authenticator/