AD user accounts not logging in immediately after imaging

schmitzm
New Contributor II

Working with a client that is binding MacBooks to AD and using Casper Suite MCX for management. I have a binding setup in my image playlist, works just fine. However, after imaging, I cannot login as a network user until I login as the local admin first. Once I login as the local admin, log out, and then try to login as the network user, all is it should be.

Also, when in terminal I am unable to elevate to sudo using the local admin credentials. However, I can click the padlock in any system preferences pane and authenticate just fine as the local admin.

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

schmitzm
New Contributor II

Sam and David at JAMF was able to solve this problem for me. He said that often times the login screen loads before the bind fully takes place so two work arounds can solve this problem:

1. Create a policy to reboot after imaging
  2. Add a package to your configuration to install at reboot to delay the appearance of the login screen and allow the bind to fully compile.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

I see this quite a bit as well. Usually the AD login will work if you just wait a bit. However, it seems that if I login locally and log back out, AD logins work immediately. It's a fairly recent problem so I'm not sure if it's something in Casper 8.52 or something that has changed in the OS.

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

what does it say in jamf.log about AD binding?
Do you have a post install script which runs at the end of the imaging tasks?

schmitzm
New Contributor II

Sam and David at JAMF was able to solve this problem for me. He said that often times the login screen loads before the bind fully takes place so two work arounds can solve this problem:

1. Create a policy to reboot after imaging
  2. Add a package to your configuration to install at reboot to delay the appearance of the login screen and allow the bind to fully compile.