Quick way to delete all computers from JSS

rongrw
New Contributor

Hello all,

We've recently imported our production JSS database into our developer JSS. When importing the database, of course all the computer objects are also transferred across. Is there a quick way of deleting all the computers in the JSS rather than having to remove them one by one? Our organisation has close to 800 Macs being managed.

Cheers,

Ron.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

catfeetstop
Contributor II

Under the inventory tab click "Search Computers" with nothing in the search field. Then scroll to the bottom and you'll see a dropdown box that says "Take Action on Results". Choose "Delete Computers" from that box.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

catfeetstop
Contributor II

Under the inventory tab click "Search Computers" with nothing in the search field. Then scroll to the bottom and you'll see a dropdown box that says "Take Action on Results". Choose "Delete Computers" from that box.

rongrw
New Contributor

Hi Jamie,

What a simple and elegant way of doing this. For some reason it never occurred to me to look at the "take action on results" feature. Thank you so much for your post.

Cheers,

Ron.

csmith122
New Contributor III

I don't want to delete all the computers but only about 130 End of Life machines, are you able to specify what machines you want to delete ?

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Sure. Make either an advanced search or smart group that has the exact devices you want to delete. Verify the list is correct, then do same: View> scroll to the bottom>Action>Delete
Notice that you can also Export in that same bottom area, nice to get a report before you delete :)

csmith122
New Contributor III

Sandy,

Thanks for the response, just as i got the e-mail i had figured it out ! I was totally overthinking the problem. Though i do wish that i did the export before i deleted them.