CCA Preparations/Recommendations

lsmc08
Contributor

Hello all,

I will be taking the CCA course next week. I've been doing preparations for the learning and especially more so making sure I pass the exam. Any suggestions, guidance, materials (besides the Admin guide) that would further help with this endeavor. Thank you & much appreciate it.

6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

My one suggestion is to use the product. If you have a couple of months experience in using Casper, and have read through their admin guide, it shouldn't be a problem to pass. The CCA is a well guided course designed to really teach you. There are no tricks in the exam. Just have fun :)

View solution in original post

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Yeah def. You'll get more out of the CCA if you've been using it for a few months beforehand.

Matt
Valued Contributor

Def use it! CCA was a breeze mostly because I was using it in a test environment before we went live. Also, the JAMF Jump Start is pretty much everything you need for CCA so if you haven't had your Jump Start yet, thats a great thing to invest in.

daworley
Contributor II

Agreed.

When I took the CCA I had experience with packages, disk images, scripts, etc, but had not really touched the JAMF way of doing things. I struggled a wee bit while learning the interface since it was mostly brand new.

I agree with the advise to spend as much time familiarizing yourself with the JSS and the various Casper local applications.

Have fun!

kuwaharg
New Contributor III

+1, I second everything said here. If you are familiar with the product, you'll do fine.

8 REPLIES 8

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

My one suggestion is to use the product. If you have a couple of months experience in using Casper, and have read through their admin guide, it shouldn't be a problem to pass. The CCA is a well guided course designed to really teach you. There are no tricks in the exam. Just have fun :)

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

2nd that!! : )

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Yeah def. You'll get more out of the CCA if you've been using it for a few months beforehand.

Matt
Valued Contributor

Def use it! CCA was a breeze mostly because I was using it in a test environment before we went live. Also, the JAMF Jump Start is pretty much everything you need for CCA so if you haven't had your Jump Start yet, thats a great thing to invest in.

daworley
Contributor II

Agreed.

When I took the CCA I had experience with packages, disk images, scripts, etc, but had not really touched the JAMF way of doing things. I struggled a wee bit while learning the interface since it was mostly brand new.

I agree with the advise to spend as much time familiarizing yourself with the JSS and the various Casper local applications.

Have fun!

kuwaharg
New Contributor III

+1, I second everything said here. If you are familiar with the product, you'll do fine.

lsmc08
Contributor

Thank you all for your valuable contribution!

Yes, I've been working with the Suite & JSS for quite some time and I am and feel comfortable with everything - just wanted to check and gather different perspectives on the matter. Agree, besides passing the exam, make it official, and joining the certification rank - having fun with it really counts too. And that's exactly what I'm planning to do!

Again, thank you all and have a great weekend!

Stubakka
Contributor II

Hello All, I am doing the CCA in Jan, I haven't had much exp with the JSS besides Enrolling system, Setting up Searches, Policies, and know the basic concepts of the product and the Apps. I aced the CCT, as the training was Quite good and class was easy to follow. How should i prep for the CCA?