Apple Configurator Enrollment issue on supervised devices.

Sean_M_Harper
Contributor

Hello Everyone!

I am having a major issue when running my enrollment profile (from the JSS) inside configurator. The issue is that the devices (30 in a cart for this example) do not all have a WiFi IP address when it tries to apply the JSS enrollment profile.

The issue is that when you reapply a supervision (IE changing apps or anything) in Congfigurator, it RE-installs all the profiles I have checked. When it reinstalls the WiFi profile, all the WiFi radio's drop the SSID, and then all at once they move to re-obtain an ip address, then because of having no inet connection the enroll profile fails.

If a valid WiFi signal is NOT required for this to work correctly, please let me know. Currently my JSS Enroll profile contains a SCEP payload. Again if this is not required, any help would be great!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mbuckner
Contributor

I've had this issue. The fix is to apply your wifi profile during the prepare stage. After you have prepared your cart of 30, go to supervise and apply the casper policy. That seemed to work for me - by that point they are all on wifi, they are all still plugged in, and it should just work. It does add one extra step, but what can you do?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sean_M_Harper
Contributor

No on else has had this issue?

mbuckner
Contributor

I've had this issue. The fix is to apply your wifi profile during the prepare stage. After you have prepared your cart of 30, go to supervise and apply the casper policy. That seemed to work for me - by that point they are all on wifi, they are all still plugged in, and it should just work. It does add one extra step, but what can you do?