Delete Apps Setting

csteinbruecker
New Contributor

We recently updated 30 iPads to iOS 6 and now users can't delete apps. We use Apple Configurator to prepare our iPads and once the iPad is prepared and supervised the setting in General - Restrictions - Delete Apps is set to Off and we can't change it to On. If we unsupervise the device and walk through the setup the setting is set to On. As soon as we supervise the device the setting is set to Off again. We have even tried to prepare them without the two profiles we deploy for wireless and a school webclip and get the same results.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

JohnCharney
New Contributor

I am new to MDM using JAMF software and experiencing the same issue. If we cannot delete the apps locally, I would really like to delete them through the management console.

Vigeland
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem. When I go into settings/restrictions on the iPad, restrictions are on, and delete apps is off an I'm unable to change it.

mrshultz
New Contributor

Are these devices supervised? I had the same issue with the old supervision profile that is installed by the Apple Configurator. After I updated to the newest Apple Configurator and updated the supervision profile I was able to uninstall apps locally.