Standard Users unable to install app thru self service

edain55337
New Contributor III

I've created an Adobe Creative Suite installation, but it only seems to work if you are logged onto the computer as an admin user. As a standard user it doesn't do a full install. Anyone have an idea on what I'm doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lcutrell
New Contributor II

This install will fail if the logged in user is running Safari.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

edain55337
New Contributor III

I get the following 2 errors when I attempt the install:

Adobe Installation Error from Adobe CS4 Design Standard Disc 1.dmg: Unable to complete the silent workflow (Exit Code 7).
Exceptions from the Adobe Installer: 20167:Exception: Exiting from installation due to blocking error.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Saw this the first time today, with a user on 10.8.2 (fully patched), and JSS is at 8.62.

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

gregneagle
Valued Contributor

You'll need to look at the Adobe installation log for details on what blocked installation. Most likely there is an app or two open that must not be running for the install to complete successfully.

lcutrell
New Contributor II

This install will fail if the logged in user is running Safari.

edain55337
New Contributor III

I'll give it another shot, but safari wasn't running. Will take a look at the processess and go from there.

edain55337
New Contributor III

That seems to have been the issue. I booted the machine from power off, logged in as a standard user and the install, while taking a while, did install CS4. Thanks for the help!

edain55337
New Contributor III

That seems to have been the issue. I booted the machine from power off, logged in as a standard user and the install, while taking a while, did install CS4. Thanks for the help!