How do you log into self service?

FDA
New Contributor

How do you log into self service? Trying to get the limit by groups mechanism to work properly and when a policy is enabled on all machines and scoped to specific groups it still isnt visible under Self Service unless i remove the AD Group. Any ideas would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

You need to set it in the JSS:
Settings -> Computer Management Framework -> Self Service -> End User Authentication (tab)
Set your Network User Login option

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

You need to set it in the JSS:
Settings -> Computer Management Framework -> Self Service -> End User Authentication (tab)
Set your Network User Login option

FDA
New Contributor

Thanks

FDA
New Contributor

Ok so i set it up and was able to log into Self Service, the only policies that are visible are the ones that are scoped by computer and not AD group. The policies that i set as Self Service only scoped to ALL computers and specific AD groups dont show at all??????

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

That doesn't sound right.

PeterClarke
Contributor II

Hi, I had something similar happen at one point.

I Think that the Problem and solution, is related to the SEARCH BASE of the AD Bind

If different accounts are in different directory tree's in AD, then your search base needs to be above that point in the tree - so that it can traverse down each fork

The downside to setting the searchbase higher up is that the tree takes longer to search.

The SYMPTOMS of NOT doing this are:
-- That some AD-accounts work (Those found within the search base)
-- and some Ad-Accounts DONT work ( Those outside of the current search base)

Setting the search base higher-up the tree, enables MORE accounts to be found.

I think this is set in settings LDAP Server connections

Server Connection, Edit, Mappings, Search Base…

-- Regards -- Peter Clarke

frozenarse
Contributor II

Just to clarify... Are you talking about AD groups that contain User accounts or Computer accounts?