Force Lock iOS devices.

kyle_seton
New Contributor

Hello All,

I was curios if anyone know of a way that users can force lock a device. I should give you a little background we have recently changed the "Require Passcode" to set after 1 hour, this was pushed by some higher level staff and we have other staff that would like to have the ability to lock it instantly on demand?

I have done some googling without success. any ideas ? I was wondering if it was possible to create a web clip that we can push per device that hooks into the Jamf API and send lock command from the JSS to the device. ?

3 REPLIES 3

lance_ogletree
Contributor

Locking an iOS device is part of the MDM spec. Take a look at the Remote Command section of the Management page. You can also perform this action within the inventory view of the device.

Are you looking for something other than that?

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

I wish I could Force Choke. Or that lightning thing. That'd be pretty boss. Just sayin'

kyle_seton
New Contributor

@lance.ogetree I know it is an option but I would like it so that the users of the iPads can lock the device, when the device has had the option Require Passcode set to an hour. so user when the user tries to get in next time they are prompted for their passcode.

@jarednicjols awesome idea