Lync .mkpg Not working once it is install

seanjsgallagher
Contributor

I have tried putting the Lync .mkpg into Casper admin, and deploying it via Casper Remote. It seems to install correctly, but when I start it I get a screen to accept or decline the licensing agreement. I select to accept and then Lync closes. I try it again and it does the same thing over again. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

seanjsgallagher
Contributor

I figured it out. My test devices are in another building. After i pushed Lync to the devices I would remote into the test computer to check Lync. I was selecting "Log In" not "Share Display". Logging in as casperscreensharing, there was no room to write the files that lync needed. When I used 'Share Display" It ran fine.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Matt
Valued Contributor

Whats the Lync version?

seanjsgallagher
Contributor

version 14.0.1

iJake
Valued Contributor

I captured my own for 14.0.2 and included the server settings plist and it works just fine. Not sure why the stock mpkg wouldn't work, though. Any error logs?

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Stock mpkg here.

(Separate DMG for server settings & MCX for user settings).

seanjsgallagher
Contributor

I figured it out. My test devices are in another building. After i pushed Lync to the devices I would remote into the test computer to check Lync. I was selecting "Log In" not "Share Display". Logging in as casperscreensharing, there was no room to write the files that lync needed. When I used 'Share Display" It ran fine.