Double Policy Log when installing CS6 Web Premium

TheDecline
New Contributor III

Hello All,

I am testing the install of CS6 with policys. I created two packages to test. 1. CS6 Web prem with the updates installed created with AAMME 3.1 and 2. CS6 Web prem with no updates with AAMME 3.1.

The policys I have in place are: 1st policy to cache, 2nd policy to uninstall cs5 and restart, & 3rd a policy to install from cache

With I push the first PKG (with updates) with the above method I get two policy logs for the computer:

1st stating it was successfully installed
2nd The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)

From there I check the console logs and I see errors for indd error code dw023

For the 2nd pkg (no updates) with the above policys method again two policy logs:

1st stating it was successfully installed
2nd The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)

I check console no install errors to be found.

Anyone come across this? Any help would be very helpful, Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TheDecline
New Contributor III

I figured out the issue. I was kicking off the policy with "any" while it was running every15 ran in the back ground and failed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

Possibly there may be a problem with the uninstall of cs5 in your workflow.

What happens on a dev box if you don't uninstall cs5 and first just try a cache cs6 and then install it.

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

This is something I going to need to do at some point.

I downloaded the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool and have that in Self Service.

It is possible to run it in silent mode but I think you may need to faff about creating an xml file. Best to look at the Read Me after you download it.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

TheDecline
New Contributor III

thanks I will take a look today

TheDecline
New Contributor III

I figured out the issue. I was kicking off the policy with "any" while it was running every15 ran in the back ground and failed.