Adobe Reader XI EULA & Default File Extension.

Luke
New Contributor

Does any one know how I can package this in Casper to stop it from prompting the user to agree to the EULA and if they wish to make Reader the default PDF viewer?

I have tried taking a snapshot with these setting already picked but it still seems to ask the user.

Also I have also tried the Adobe Customization Wizard XI however on the Mac it only appears to be for Adobe Acrobat, not Reader. It always prompts for a serial code.

Any other suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

acdesigntech
Contributor II

The Reader XI settings seem to be (like so many other Adobe products) ridiculous. What you need to do is set the preferences for update and EULA, etc, as some user (whoever), and either use FEU and FUT if you're making a .dmg package.

If you're like me and make .pkg installers, then write a post-flight that copies the com.adobe.Reader.plist file that's created to all existing users' /Library/Preferences and System Template Library/Preferences so new users get the settings from the start. I put it someplace central in the package, like in /Library/Preferences then copy that out to each home folder (~/Library/Preferences).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

acdesigntech
Contributor II

The Reader XI settings seem to be (like so many other Adobe products) ridiculous. What you need to do is set the preferences for update and EULA, etc, as some user (whoever), and either use FEU and FUT if you're making a .dmg package.

If you're like me and make .pkg installers, then write a post-flight that copies the com.adobe.Reader.plist file that's created to all existing users' /Library/Preferences and System Template Library/Preferences so new users get the settings from the start. I put it someplace central in the package, like in /Library/Preferences then copy that out to each home folder (~/Library/Preferences).

Luke
New Contributor

Amazing!

Thank you this worked a treat.