One computer's Applications inventory not being updated.

tuinte
Contributor III

Hey, all:

I have this one enrolled machine that had CS5 removed and CS6 installed. When checking computer details in inventory, it still lists the CS5 apps as being installed though they're not (CS6 apps show up, too, but that's OK, they're actually there). I've Reconned the machine a few times, even unenrolled the machine, deleted it from the JSS, then re-reconned it in, and still it lists these apps as installed. It's not major, but I'm just wondering how/why it might be sticking. They were removed last week, so through various policies, an Update Inventory has been run on the machine at least 7 times.

Any ideas?

Michael

4 REPLIES 4

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

How were the CS5 apps removed? Did you happen to use a script that maybe just moved all the applications into another directory waiting to be deleted? If the apps are still there, just not in /Applications, they may still be getting picked up by inventory.

tuinte
Contributor III

Thanks for the response, mm2270.

I manually opened the uninstaller as aliased in the Flash CS5 folder, made sure all CS5 apps were selected to be uninstalled, and it went. Completed successfully. As I said, I'm not losing sleep, but it's itching my brain a bit.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Yeah, that would bug me a bit too :)

Have you tried running a System Profiler report from Terminal on this Mac? Something like this to pull applications and look for any with Adobe?

system_profiler SPApplicationsDataType | grep Adobe

I'd be curious to see what system_profiler thinks is installed on it.

tuinte
Contributor III

It just updated. No idea why. Everything is good, I guess. I'll keep an eye out for similar instances. Thanks for the help you were about to give!