JSS and Sophos

stmyers
New Contributor III

We're running 8.6 on 10.7.5 on a Quad Core Xeon with 20GB of RAM. About a week and a half ago Casper started requiring a reboot in the morning because of non-responsiveness. I can VNC to the box just fine and do the restart, but I'm curious as to what the cause is. I've done a DB repair and fully backed everything up. I suspect a memory leak somewhere, but I'm having trouble locking down exactly where it might be. The common thread appears to be that Sophos is running a scan, but with 20GB on board I would think this shouldn't be an issue. I've tried restarting Tomcat with no luck. Any and all suggestions would be most helpful.

3 REPLIES 3

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I've seen the sophos' InterCheck process hang on machines in the past causing a major slowdown on their network ports. I have no idea if that's the problem you're having or not. I'm assuming that you're fully up to date with the sophos client?

stmyers
New Contributor III

Hi Chris, yes we are. It's frustrating to say the least.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Still, I'm very interested. What have you done so far. Can I assume that you've uninstalled/reinstalled the sophos client with the newest version? What is the update scheme like, and do you have a sophos server on site for updates or do you call back to sophos for updates.

Do you have any logs to show what's going on?