CrashPlan PROe Self Service Plug-in

eric_hutter
New Contributor

Hey all! We now have a Self Service plug-in compatible with CrashPlan PROe.

You can find it hanging out right here: https://jamfsoftware-content.s3.amazonaws.com/downloads/CrashPlanPROePlug-in.bundle.zip

Please note the new PROe plug-in should not be installed in addition to older CrashPlan plug-in.

12 REPLIES 12

Sonic84
Contributor III

Thank you for posting the updated plugin! I was following the directions here to get the plugin installed on a lab system. However it's not appearing in Self Service. I've got CrashPlan PROe 3.4.1 already installed on this box. Any Ideas? Thank you!

charlesludwick
New Contributor III

Sonic have you tried launching the actual CrashPlan client on the machine first? We experienced the same issue of it not showing in Self Service. Launching the client, then opening Self Service allowed it appear.

gregp
Contributor

On my test machine, I tossed it in /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Self Service/Managed Plug-ins and it saw it when I launched Self Service. Gave stats and looked correct. Didn't have to launch the CrashPlan client.

I didn't put it in the JSS to have it distribute automatically, but wanted to try it here first.

gregp
Contributor

Is there a way for the plug-in to show the status of multiple destinations separately?

eric_hutter
New Contributor

Hey Greg,

Currently, the plug-in only retrieves information from a single destination. Support for multiple destinations sounds like a good feature request.

andregignac
New Contributor

Any way to point the plug-in toward a different my.service.xml file? Right now it points toward /Applications/CrashPlan.app/Contents/Resources/Java/conf/my.service.xml.
We have a custom deployment that puts the my.service.xml in /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/conf/

Any ideas?

JimAllsop
New Contributor

This used to work for us, but when we moved our crashplan to the DMZ it broke the extension attribute. Now it keeps asking for the crashplan password. No matter what password we enter it says it can not contact crashplan server.

Sonic84
Contributor III

seems to be broken under CrashPlan PROe 3.7.0... worked with 3.6.4

mrhollywoodgate
New Contributor II

I downloaded the package bundle and put it in the /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Self Service/Managed Plug-ins folder, but when I click on it in the SelfService app, it can't load any information. It asks for my password, which I enter, but it keeps saying it's the wrong password. I launch the CrashPlan client and enter the same password, and I'm able to login fine, so I'm not sure why the plugin isn't working. We are on 3.6.4 of the ProE client. Any help would be appreciated!

daniel_behan
Contributor III

We're on CrashPlanPROe 4.3.4 and the Self Service Plugin doesn't appear to work. Is there any customization I need to do? I'm on Casper 9.9.

mwilkerson
New Contributor III

We're also on CrashPlan PROe 4.3.4 and the plug-in does not work (doesn't even show at all in Self Service). We're on Casper 9.81.

Sonic84
Contributor III

Have there been any updates to this plugin?